The Best Beauty Schools in Idaho
Do you love cutting and styling hair, applying makeup, and practicing skin care? If so, then becoming a cosmetologist could be one of the best decisions you ever make! The beauty industry is ever-growing, so this is a wise career choice that will be paying for your future.
In the following article, you’ll discover where to find the best cosmetology schools in Idaho near you. Additionally, we’ve got everything you’ve ever wondered about the Idaho State Board of Cosmetology, including license hour requirements and fees.
Best Cosmetology Schools in Idaho: Table of Contents
- How to Become a Licensed Cosmetologist in Idaho
- The #1 Secret to Finding the Best Cosmetology Programs Near You
- Bonus: Checklist of Questions to Ask Beauty School Admissions
How to Become a Licensed Cosmetologist in Idaho
If you want to become a licensed cosmetologist in Idaho, you’re in luck! Because below, you’ll find every step you need to take, from finding the best school through passing the cosmetology state board exam.
#1. Think About Your Specific Wants/Needs
The first thing to do is think about the different kinds of beauty academies near you. Try to dig deep into which cosmetology program will work best with your lifestyle.
For example, you should consider the following topics:
- Class schedules
- Length of Cosmetology School Program
Here are some sample questions to ask yourself:
- Do you live a hectic, busy lifestyle? If so, then you might want to find a cosmetology school with part-time programs.
- Or do you spend the day time at your full-time job? If so, you’ll need to find a cosmetology school with night classes.
The easiest way to locate the best cosmetology school in Idaho near you is to enter your information into the toolbar below. Campus Explorer will then find the best cosmetology academy in your area, and you’ll receive custom updates to help you choose the best school for you.
The best part? It’s free, and you can also unsubscribe at any time.
#2. Enroll In, and Graduate From, an Accredited Cosmetology Program in ID*
After you’ve figured out what you really want in a beauty college, it’s time to enroll in an accredited cosmetology school in Idaho and complete your training hours. In Idaho, students must finish 2,000 training hours in order to qualify for a cosmetology license.
#3. Take the Idaho Cosmetology State Board Exam
Time will fly, and you’ll realize that you’ve finished cosmetology school! This is no small feat. Now you’ll need to take the official Idaho Cosmetology State Board Exam. There are two components to this exam. The first is a written (theory) test, and the second is a hands-on (practical) test. The theory portion is typically a list of 100 multiple choice questions with a 90-minute time limit. During your practical exam, you’ll need to demonstrate competence in a wide range of skills.
Check out our free Cosmetology Practice Exam & Study Guide!
#4. Apply for Your Cosmetology License
After passing the Idaho State Board of Cosmetology Exam, you’ll be eligible for your license. and the fun can begin! In order to get your license, you’ll need to pay a $50 fee to the Idaho Board of Cosmetology.
Idaho Cosmetology License Renewal
Every year, you’ll need to renew your cosmetology license, and the deadline is your birthday. In Idaho, this costs $50. Currently, there are no continuing education requirements. However, taking advanced cosmetology classes on the side can help advance your career and find higher-paying jobs in the future.
*Apprenticeship Cosmetology Program in Idaho
In Idaho, you have the option to skip traditional cosmetology school and earn your training hours through an apprenticeship instead. If you decide to do this, you must complete 4,000 as an apprentice working under a licensed cosmetologist at a licensed salon.
In addition to completing your required hours, you’ll need to take the Idaho Cosmetology State Board Exam and apply for a license. This is just a substitute for step #2 from the previous section.
The #1 Secret to Finding the Best Cosmetology Schools in Idaho
The best way to find the best cosmetology schools in Idaho near you is to sign up for Campus Explorer. Notably, this is the surest method of keeping up with insider tips on the best cosmetology schools in Idaho and their tuitions and available scholarships.
And the best part? It’s delivered right to your email inbox, so you can say “hell no” to spending hours looking all over the internet for “cosmetology programs near me”.
In order to get started, put the requested information in the toolbar below. We believe in you! Take that first step and sign up below.
Remember, you can unsubscribe at any time, and it’s totally free!
Checklist of Questions to Ask Admissions
at Cosmetology Schools in Idaho
So, you’ve found some good cosmetology schools in Idaho. But before enrollment, you should find answers to the questions in the list below. That way you can ensure that a particular beauty school is the best possible fit for you.
After all, if you’re forking over thousands in cosmetology school tuition, you should be happy with the education you’re receiving!
Top 4 Questions to Ask Potential Cosmetology Schools in Idaho
- Are you an accredited cosmetology school? If not, then avoid this beauty school like the plague! It’s important to attend an accredited beauty institution in order to get your license and practice cosmetology legally. Make sure you are attending a school that prepares you for licensure as part of their curriculum.
- Do you offer any scholarships or grants? In fact, you might even want to contact their Financial Aid office directly.
- How long is your cosmetology program? It’s smart to know how long you’ll be in school and when you can plan to graduate.
- Do you offer job placement assistance? The top cosmetology schools in Delaware should have job placement assistance of some kind for their students. For example, this could be resume-building classes or a job placement program for students who are almost ready to graduate.