Welcome to the Top Welding Schools For Certification In Hawaii! If you’re considering a career in welding, this blog post is here to serve as your home base. Below, you’ll find contact info for the best welding trade school in Hawaii as well as essential related information.
Table of Contents
- The Top Welding Schools for Certification in Hawaii
- Underwater Welding Schools in Hawaii
- How Much Do Welders Make in Hawaii?
- How to Become a Certified Welder in Hawaii
- Consider the Best Welding Schools Nearby
- Reviews of the Best Welding Supplies Online for Students
The Top Welding Schools for Certification in Hawaii:
Finding ‘Welding Classes Near Me in Hawaii’
Welding School Name: Kauai Community College
Location: 3-1901 Kaumualii HWY Lihue, HI 96766 United States
Contact: Chad Schimmelfennig
Phone: (808) 245-0134
Underwater Welding Schools in Hawaii
At this time, Hawaii has no underwater welding programs. However, there are only 9 underwater welding schools in the entire country. (Here’s to hoping for a new one soon!)
How Much Do Welders Make in Hawaii?
Welding Jobs in Hawaii
Of course, one of the most popular questions is “How much do welders make in Hawaii?” Here are some statistics to give you an idea:
- The median annual salary of welders in Hawaii is $58,170.
- In other words, that’s an hourly mean wage of $27.97.
- The annual 90th percentile wage is $78,400.
(To learn more, watch this video about welding employment outlook and salaries.)
How to Become a Welder in Hawaii:
Get Your AWS Welding Certification
To become a certified welder in Hawaii, you just need to follow the list below. Of course, it takes hard work, but the work itself is rewarding. And since you’ll learn through hands-on experiences, you’ll be able to get started right away!
- Before enrolling, you need to have your high school diploma or GED.
- Then, you’ll need to pass standard tests designed by the American Welding Society (AWS).
- Once you’ve earned your certification, you’ll be ready for a welding career!
- After you’ve earned your welding certification, make sure to renew it every six months.
*For a list of all the possible welding certifications, see The 11 AWS Welding Certification Programs.
Consider the Best Pipe Welding Schools Nearby
Additionally, we recommend looking at the top welding schools for certification in the closest states:
- 52 Best Welding Schools in California
- How to Become a Certified Welder in Oregon
- 18 Best Pipe Welding Schools in Washington State
Or, you can check out all the top welding colleges in the country in the blog post pictured below:
The Best Welding Supplies Online for Students
Since welding involves working with extreme heat, it’s important to have quality welding equipment.
Below, you’ll find links to product reviews for the best welding supplies online. Because it’s better to do your research and spend your hard earned cash on worthwhile equipment!
Reviews of 8 Essential Welding Supplies for Students
- Steel Toed Welding Work Boots
- Welding Caps
- Best Welding Gloves
- Auto Darkening Welding Helmet
- Best Welding Shirts
- Top-Rated Welding Sleeves
Best Welding Schools in Hawaii: Your Turn!
Now that you’ve brushed up on welding school basics, it’s time to enroll. So reach out to Kauai Community College or a trade school in the contiguous US.
If you’re not quite ready, no worries. TFC has plenty more trade school suggestions for you.
People who liked The Best Welding Schools in Hawaii” also loved:
The Ultimate List of Trade Schools in HI
Best Starter Welding Kit for Beginners
Badass Welding Hoods: 8 Awesome Welding Helmets Designs